This website, https://msicc.net (the “Site”, the “Website”), is operated by Marco Siccardi (“I”, “me”) as a personal blog.
Your privacy is very important to me. I have a few fundamental principles that I am following:
- I do not ask you for personal information unless I truly need it
- I do not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop my products, or protect my rights.
- I do not store personal information unless required for the on-going operation of my site.
Like most website operators, I am collecting non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. My purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use my website. From time to time, I may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
My Site also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our blogs. My Site only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrator of the Site.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors choose to interact with the Site in ways that require it to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that it gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide a username and email address. Those who wish to receive updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, the site collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with the Site. The Site does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitor can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
The Site may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors. For instance, the Site may monitor the most popular pages and blog posts on the Site or use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam. I may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, the Site does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
The Site discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to the administrator and affiliated organizations that
- need to know that information in order to process it on the Site’s behalf or to provide services available at the Site, and
- that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those may be located outside of your home country; by the Site, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. I will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. I disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when I believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of myself, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of the Site and have supplied your email address, I may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date. I primarily use the Site itself to communicate this type of information, so you can expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), I reserve the right to publish it in order to help me clarify or respond to your request or to help myself to support other users. I am taking all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
I have a dedicated Cookies Policy.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved unless they were marked as false positives, in which case the Site stores them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.
You can contact me about this privacy statement via email: