New Series: Getting productive with Windows Azure Mobile Services (WAMS)
Now that my current app project is near to go live, I will start a new series about how to get productive with Windows Azure Mobile Services (WAMS).
I will cover some interesting topics in this series, which are not really documented in the very well written “Getting started” series from the Azure team itself.
These topics are (list is subject to be updated if needed):
- Updating data in a data table from your app
- How to use WAMS to pull date from twitter with their new API 1.1
- using the MPNS object to update Live Tiles and send Toast notifications
- getting time zone offset from local to WAMS and back again
- how to set up a timeout before running code in an interval
- how to make sure users are using the trial version only once
- a simple promotion code solution
- and more
First, if you want to get started, you should check out this link: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/mobile/tutorials/get-started-wp8/
The tutorial makes you very easy and fast using WAMS.
What can you expect from this series? As always, I will add some of my personal experiences during my journey of creating my app. There were a lot of small stones in my way, and I will also tell you how to remove them. And of course I hope that my posts will help some of you to get their own WAMS story started.
Happy coding everyone!